Saturday, August 6, 2011

Block #11

This block in the Summer Sampler Series has about been my undoing. It looked innocent enough, especially after some of the other sampler blocks we've done. I decided to use up my scraps for the triangles, though, so set aside the directions and went my own way. (Considering I've had a nasty cold all week and started late in the evening - I should have know better, but experience isn't always a teacher, now is it?) Anyway, my seam ripper and I are on very close terms right now. I swear, every part of this block had its issues and I take full responsibility. Thankfully, I think it's ok now, thanks to good old-fashioned perseverance. Needless to say, I think I'll take a break before I tackle block #12!
The aptly named "Rocky Road to Kansas" block

Blocks 1 - 11!

Good news today, though - the mailman brought my Scrapbuster Swap blocks! You may remember I sent away these Scrappy Depression blocks:

And received back these. Very fun!
(Pic includes two of my 'extra' blocks, too.)
So the day ended on a good note - whew!

4 comments:

  1. Your summer sampler blocks all look so wonderful together, and the latest one looks great to me. I think you did well on the swap too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might have taken a "rocky road" to get there, but the block looks great! Your sampler quilt is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sampler is looking modern and lovely. Good use of some of the value blocks on your scrap buster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well if you and your seam ripper got close, you can not tell! That block is beautiful!
    I love seeing all your scrapbuster blocks together. I wish I had been smart like you and made myself some blocks. Oh well, I guess I'll have to make myself some and send you one!

    ReplyDelete