Monday, September 19, 2011

A Dead Simple {Revised} Plan

I had a plan for the Dead Simple Quilt-Along {see here}, but things have changed slightly. This was my chosen palette:
KONA wheat, sweet pea, olive, tan, lupine

Well, when the fabric came, I realized that in reality, olive wasn't the right green for this palette, so I've substituted KONA artichoke.
KONA wheat, sweet pea, artichoke, tan, lupine

It may be hard to tell from these swatches. In fact the swatch for sweet pea really isn't as dusky as it is in person. But artichoke seems a better fit.

If I were to follow Lynne's layout, mine would look something like this:

I may be tweaking it a bit, but there is my tentative dead simple plan.
Dead Simple Quiltalong

5 comments:

  1. After your second sentence I asked out loud, "How do you know the Olive isn't right?" So impressed with your ability to figure out what colors work and which do not. Love the plan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think I like the lighter green anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is going to look great. Hey, I saw your FTLOS quilt featured on another site and wanted to make sure you saw it too.
    http://sewkindofwonderful.blogspot.com/2011/09/friday-inspiration.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good! I do think the lighter green is a great choice. I really need to get on this, I haven't even ordered my fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's subtle but you can see the difference between the olive and artichoke.

    ReplyDelete