Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Falling for Modern Maples

Just about one month ago, I started a flickr group, Falling for Modern Maples. Basically, I was hoping for some company as I made my own Modern Maples quilt. And I got some! Check out the group and see the colorful variety of maple leaf blocks! If you are making, want to make, or even made a Modern Maples quilt, please do join in. And if you need some inspiration, check out the Modern Maples gallery. 

I'm still hoping to have mine finished by the beginning of fall here in the Pacific Northwest. And considering I just finished piecing the top, I'm still hopeful!

Linking up with W.i.P. Wednesday.

16 comments:

  1. Such a lovely quilt! I love how you mixed the backgrounds - really gives it a fab look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out lovely Debbie. You'll get it done -no worries. I am just waiting until next week to start mine because there is a sale starting and I can get my background at 30% off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your modern maples have really changed my view of this pattern. Your quilt is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking great, and I agree with the previous poster that the variety of background colours is really great. Adds a bit more interest to the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful, Debbie! Thanks for linking up! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! It's saying autumn is knocking on the door and I don't want the summer to go yet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful! Seeing these really puts me in the mood for fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely embracing the autumn colours there, hope you get her done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, so lovely!!! This is one of my favorite blocks, and it looks great in a modern quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful quilt - love the reverse blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on finishing up the top, Debbie! It looks great! I think you're right on track for a fall finish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this quilt top, and honestly jumped to the flickr group and saw Toni's and now I think I have to make one! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking good... and you'll have in finished and ready in no time at all. The hardest part is done :)

    ReplyDelete