Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Slabs Four & Five :: Crazy-Piecing & Squares

When Matt/odditease announced that the #seaSLABbom assignment for May was crazy-piecing, I was kind of disappointed, only because I had very few scraps from my previous months' blocks to work with. I'd been trying to incorporate them into each subsequent block, which was entertaining, but didn't do me much good come May. So I decided to just wait on that assignment.

Come June, it was time for some improv squares, which I enjoyed very much!


By then, I had a respectable pile of random pieces and decided to give that crazy-piecing a go. It turned out a little smaller than planned, but I think I can deal with that later.


So I'm all caught up and can't wait to face what's next.

Linking up with Scraptastic Tuesday.

6 comments:

  1. both of these blocks are fabulous, Debbie. I love the fabrics you're using and that piecing is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you remind me -- did you all start out with a fabric pull and then each month he's giving you instructions on what to do with that fabric pull? I assume at the end you'll put it all together? So fascinating to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the improv Deb..because I find it so difficult! Great colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're two slabs look great. I had the same reaction as you regarding the crazy piecing because I have been using my scraps as I go - so I just cut a random shape to start off for May. I can't find the June instructions on the guild page yet - can you tell me how big the slab is supposed to be - 15 x 30? (I am cheekily following along from New Zealand) - Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the crazy ! Both look great Debbie and thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete