Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Hi(bear)nate

There was one more baby quilt to make this fall, and as I looked for fabric that would fit a woodlands theme, I happened across the Hello, Bear collection by Bonnie Christine. Dare I say, it perfectly fit the bill, and happily, the Art Gallery Fabrics website offered a free pattern featuring the line. Hi(bear)nate was made with large 10" 60-degree triangles, and went together smoothly.


I had chosen some of my favorites from the line, including the minty "Firefly Sigh" as the background, and added just one or two from stash. I really loved the animals on the focus fabric, though one little comment - the motifs don't fill the triangles as much as the pattern implied, so there's a bit more chopped animal bits than I would have chosen, but they're all cute enough after all.



The backing was pieced from several of the fabrics used on front, and quilting was 2" diagonal lines starting from the center gray triangle with the owls. These photos are all after the quilt was washed, but if you look close in the bottom center of the photo above, you'll see the one place where the lines overlap in a grid. I love that.


Unfortunately, I forgot to measure the finished quilt, but I believe it ended up at about 48" x 60". I'm just pleased to know it's finished and on its way....


Linking up with Finish It Up Friday!

14 comments:

  1. Getting sizing right for prints can be so tricky, but I think that you featured the animals quite well here. It looks like a great snuggly quilt and I hope it is well appreciated and loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a cute one! I hate when the fussy cuts don't quite fit the way you want them to. I think yours look great

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect! I have some of this fabric and wanted to fussy cut! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt! Love the soft background fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a lovely quilt ! Very nice fabric choice and pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made a very beautiful quilt! Thank you for the link to the free pattern and Merry Christmas to you!
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! I'm totally pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this design! I really like the soft mint background and the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no, not animal bits! It's adorable! I'm not an 'animal' fabric person, but this line is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This woodland critter fabric is adorable. The size is very generous which is nice - the child will have it for a long while. The simplicity of the large geometric pattern works wonderfully with the fabric. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's lovely. I love the minty background

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute! I really like the background fabric you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful in it's simplicity. I like how the quilting lines overlap at the bottom too. A lovely finish and gift!

    ReplyDelete