Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Tuesday at the Table

This recipe came to me via Nancy Leson of Seattle's Food for Thought radio show. She got it from Dorie Greenspan, and she got it from the originator, Parisian pastry chef Pierre Hermé. It's one of those recipes that apparently has been around a while, but somehow I've missed it. And that's really too bad, as they are delish!!

Here's the recipe with Dorie's commentary, including why they've been dubbed World Peace Cookies. If you like a recipe with lots of photos, you might check out Food52. On this recipe alone, I'm really tempted to get Dorie's new book, Dorie's Cookies.


Even though it's the first new recipe I've tried this season, I have no doubt it'll end up being my favorite. I made them for the Seattle MQG party, and enjoyed them so much, I went home and made them again for a potluck the next day. They are easy and two-step (mix and shape one day/bake off later) which I kind of love. And mmmm are they SO good!

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to try these. If you like to bake cookies, I highly recommend the All-American Cookie Book (can be found on Amazon). The cookies from this book are so good, my sister and father both have a copy of it. The recipes can be a little more involved in some instances, but you'll certainly be complimented on the results. Banana chocolate chip and chocolate peanut butter are particular faves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, these are very good. I have most of Dorie's books and her knowledge and ability to share it are both fantastic. I'm hoping Santa brings me this book, or I'll just go get it for myself. But Santa should have a vested interest in me having it I would think! Thanks for all the beauty and knowledge you've brought to me in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome cookies! I've made them a few times. This book is also on my Santa list.

    Another favourite chocolate cookie is:
    http://www.chatelaine.com/recipe/desserts/chocolate-diablo-cookies/

    Chocolate and spice! A friend gave me a tip, to use adobo sauce in place of the cayenne. Give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Debbie! I do need inspiration for baking. Made just traditional Christmas 'pies' stuffed with apple. Merry Christmas! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Dorie's book previous book that has this recipe in it and I've bookmarked it to try this year. Maybe I will mix them up tonight...

    ReplyDelete