Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Tuesday at the Table

Slice-and-bake cookies are now my current favorite. After the success of the World Peace Cookie last week, I fully intended to make them again for Christmas. Hubby foiled my plan though, by setting out ingredients for Pepperminty Chocolate Sugar Cookies ala Savory Spice. We'd gotten some Black Onyx Chocolate Sugar as a gift, and I had to admit, the cookies sounded pretty good.


To pair with them, I tried another Dorie Greenspan recipe, her Vanilla Bean Sables, which I rolled in colored crystallized sugar. Both were delish, and so handy to prep ahead and then bake off Christmas Eve morning. It was a good thing.

3 comments:

  1. I love these kind of cookies, thanks for sharing. I don't know if you have ever tried it, but, rather than using vanilla extract, you can get vanilla bean paste. It's a syrupy,vanilla bean, slightly sweet. You can buy it in Michaels craft store. It is made from Madagascar beans which are rumored to be the best. All I know is you get that awesome vanilla speckle and taste in every recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second this suggestion! It's exactly what I used to make the Vanilla Sables. Fresh vanilla beans would have been nice, but the vanilla bean paste was an excellent substitute.

      Delete
  2. Thanks to you, I made World Peace cookies on Boxing Day (day after Christmas Day in England) with my little German grandchildren aged 3 and 7. What a success and as a result my daughter will be taking the recipe home to Germany with her. Thank you so much for that and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.
    Jo in Liverpool England

    ReplyDelete