Tuesday, July 11, 2017

The Little Things

In amongst all the quiltmaking of the last few months, there have been a few smaller projects I never got around to sharing.

The Jane Market Bag is always a winner and I find it really fun to make. The pattern is from Alicia Paulson of Posie Patterns, and in this version, the denim colored chambray made for a pretty classic look. Dare I say my favorite features of this bag are the construction method AND those sewn down corners.


Needing a little gift last week, I turned to the newly-released A Piece of Me Pouch by Lucy Brennen/Charm About You. Again, there was a unique construction method, and with that outside binding, a fun and unique look. Quilting the panels of course gave it some nice texture. The pattern suggested fusible foam between the layers, or alternatively, fusible fleece or batting. I went with one layer of cotton batting. And come to think of it, I added to the length of my pouch just because my fabric choice allowed for it, so it's a good-sized pouch and just a tad larger than the original.


And lastly, I made another set of Log Cabin Hexi Potholders. I've made several over the years from the free Craftsy pattern by SewCanShe, but this was the first time with solids. Besides the fun hexie shape, I love that these are so scrap-friendly.


So there ya go! All lovely and relatively quick projects that I'd definitely make again!

Linking up with Finish It Up Friday!

13 comments:

  1. awesome little projects! I really need to make myself some of those potholders

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilted pouch, with it's pretty floral lining! And spots are always a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice little projects. I love those potholders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute items! Love the colors you used in the Pot Holders - so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects ! Especially the pouch with the outside binding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That market bag is gorgeous! Both the pattern & the chosen fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its amazing what we can fit in in between our quilts! Love that bag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bag looks so useful and pretty in the Chambray. Thank you for your kind words about my pattern! I love how you quilted the dot fabric and it's fun making different sizes of the pouch. The pot holders look great in solids and the hexie shape is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love me a Jane Market Bag! I hate to make straps, so I buy 5/8 yd. of fabric in a neutral kind of print, like black with white polka dots, and make a bunch of handles so they are ready to go when I make a bag. I like to use them as gift bags and it seems that people love to receive them because they make good book bags, knitting bags, and actual shopping bags.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what lovely finishes, especially the potholders - that hexie pattern is so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it fun to have some small finishes. Bags, pouches, potholders, Oh MY!

    ReplyDelete